Business and internal mail
You can send internal mail to anywhere on Campus West, Campus East or the King's Manor by placing it in the out tray located at your department's collection and pick up point. Once the internal mail is collected, we aim to have it processed and distributed by the next delivery run.
Where possible please use the internal mail envelopes and mark clearly who you need it to be sent to. Do not seal the envelopes with Sellotape.
You can send external mail on behalf of your department. Please follow these steps to help us correctly process your deliveries:
- Make sure your departmental stamp is on the top left, or bottom right hand corner of the envelope. If it is anywhere else or not included we will have to return the mail to you.
- If you need special delivery you should either use an appropriate stamp or handwrite the class on the top left hand side of the envelope along with the department stamp.
- If post has a departmental stamp but no class instructions we will send it 2nd class.
- If you are sending a global priority post item please make sure it is in an A4 envelope as we have to attach a CP72 form and barcode onto the envelope.
Ordering departmental stamps
- Speak to the Mailroom Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org) to agree the services provided and to obtain the next available stamp number.
- Order a stamp on YEP by raising a free-format order using the supplier 'Make Your Mark'.
- Let the mailroom know the workorder number that you want the post charge to be paid from and to confirm the start date of using the stamp.
If you need to re-order a stamp start from step 2 above. Please make sure any stamps are kept clean so they are able to be read by the Mailroom.
Sending more than 50 identical items? We can help you to make the process as quick as possible.
- Let us know that you are bulk mailing and we can provide you with equipment and arrange a collection.
- Sort your items into internal, UK and overseas.
- Make sure all of your letters are facing address side up and bundle them together with an elastic band.
- You can attach a note to your mail with your departmental stamp number to save stamping each item individually.
- If you require same day postage please get the mail to us as soon as possible and before 4.00pm at the latest.
- If you are sending pens or bulky items please make sure they are at the bottom of the envelope so they do not get caught in the franking machine.
You can place a request for a pickup of bulk mailing here.
Business reply service
If you require the recipient of your mail to return information to the department, the postal charge can be picked up by the department rather than the recipient. This service is available to all departments. For more information please get in touch with us.
Enhanced Insurance Cover
Compensation levels are available, but limited, with each carrier. However, you can arrange enhanced Insurance Cover by contacting Matthew Cox, Insurance Officer, on extension 2008.
Main Mailroom depot: