Directorate of Estates and Campus Services structure
An overview of the responsibilities of each team in the Directorate of Estates and Campus Services (DECS) along with their contact details can be found below.
Our role is to provide services and facilities to the core business of the University and the wider University community. We monitor service levels, ensuring that we deliver these safely, to a high quality, and in a timely manner to meet the University’s operational needs.
Director of Estates and Campus Services
Areas of service delivery
DECS is split into three main areas of service delivery, each overseen by a Director.
Estates Operations are responsible for providing a fit for purpose estate, ensuring:
- well-planned operations and maintenance of the University’s buildings and grounds, whilst meeting environmental sustainability objectives;
- the efficient provision of requisite infrastructure and of utility supplies;
- that the University’s estate meets health, safety and other legal requirements;
- the effective management of the University’s property portfolio.
Estates Development leads the sustainable development of the campus, including:
- setting out the vision, Campus Development (Campus for the Future) framework, estate strategy and design standards for the campus;
- forms and manages the programme of investment projects, including for new buildings, infrastructure and the refurbishment of existing assets to meet the needs of the University.
Campus Services oversees a range of critical resources to deliver a great experience for students, staff and hosted businesses:
- ensuring the efficient allocation of University space through managing the University’s residential accommodation service, learning spaces (timetabling, room bookings and audio visual technology), space audit and space planning activity;
- providing effective facilities services including cleaning, travel and mail room services;
- leading customer relationship teams, through operating a range of receptions, and the Facilities Helpdesk;
- ensuring that teams within Campus Services support the best possible decision making across DECS.
The DECS core values support the achievement of our vision, shape the culture and create the positive working environment for Estates and Campus Services to enable all of our teams to run smoothly.
- Honesty - we will be honest, consistent and fair in our dealings with our colleagues.
- Diversity - we will be welcoming, inclusive and treat others fairly regardless of race, religion and belief, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, pregnancy and maternity, and marriage and civil partnership status.
- Team spirit - as individuals, we contribute to building a common team spirit by maintaining positive and professional relationships with all of our colleagues.
- Service excellence - we take pride in the standard of our work and strive to continuously improve the quality of the service we deliver.
- Appreciating effort - we value and demonstrate appreciation for the efforts of all team members in achieving our goals.
- Accountability - we acknowledge our responsibility and have the courage to challenge behaviour that is not consistent with our core values and are committed to supporting colleagues to achieve high standards of behaviour.