The Student Systems Team, Student Data and Management Information Team and the Assessment Team all develop, support and maintain Student Systems within Student Services.
The teams are jointly responsible for:
- managing and maintaining the University’s student record system (SITS), ensuring the accuracy, timeliness and completeness of the data
- providing advice and guidance to support process changes within SITS
- encouraging and facilitating the development of new functionality within SITS and its web interface e:Vision, and increasing the use of existing areas
- taking a lead role on University wide projects utilising the student record system
- issuing members of staff with access to SITS and e:Vision, the Student Data Warehouse (DWH) and the Student Enquiry Screen (SES)
- delivering focused training on the specific uses of the student records system
- advising users on the use of the Student Data Warehouse
- maintaining course and module structures on SITS and supporting assessment, progression and enrolment processes
- delivering a number of major data returns to the Higher Education Statistical Agency (HESA), including the HESA Student, ITT and DLHE returns
- confirming student attendance to the Student Loans Company and supplying information for the HEI Course Database
- providing SkillsForge advice and support
DATA WAREHOUSE USERS: Problems with DWH in Windows 7?
See FAQs for help