Need to report a fault or get something moved?
Report a fault or log a job
To report a fault or log a new job, please log in to the Helpdesk Portal. Remember, you will need a building code to report a fault.
Please note: Due to current circumstances our capacity to accept calls has been reduced. Where possble, please email us at email@example.com instead, ensuring that you quote your job reference number. Any missed calls will be returned as promptly as possible.
Covid-19 service changes
- A power cut in your accommodation
- A loss of essential services such as heating or water
- A water leak
- Blocked drains
Track your request
You can track the progress of job request by following the 'My Job Requests' link on the Facilities Helpdesk webpage.
We will use the information you provide to prioritise work requests using available resources.
Where possible, a full repair or reinstatement will be completed within the priority timescale below.
Occasionally, it may be necessary to carry out a temporary repair and return later to complete the task. This may be due to awaiting parts, or the need to employ a specialist contractor. Details of any priority/timescale change will be noted against the works order.
|Second response**||Priority number|
|Emergency||<2 hours||<5 days||1|
|Urgent||<24 hours||< 10 days||2|
|Essential||<5 days*||<15 days||3|
|Non-essential||Long term maintenance programme||As agreed with customer||4|
*A day is a working day and excludes weekends and public holidays.
**Time to fix if a second visit is required.
This is an emergency situation in which life is threatened and or there is a likelihood of catastrophic damage to University property. Examples include:
- Fire, imminent risk of fire or explosion.
- Gas leaks.
- Leakage of water from plumbing or heating service not connected by local drains.
- Loss of electrical supply to a building.
- Lift breakdown with passengers inside.
- Fire alarm failure.
- Fire exit door won't open.
- Blocked Internal (sink(s)/shower(s)) wastes and drains.
- A problem affecting the security of buildings or property.
- Failure of services affecting room temperature.
- Air conditioning not working.
- No power in room.
- Loss of electrical power where other sockets still work within the room.
- Damage to an internal door that could cause security problems.
- Loose or missing floor tiles/paving where there is minimal safety risk.
- Replacement/repairs to sanitary ware fittings: plugs, seats, etc.
- Adjustment of door closures or floor springs.
- Repairs to joinery items: doors, window, etc, where there is no security risk.
- Re-fix loose fixtures and fittings.
- Repairs to furniture when the damage affects the functionality of the room.
- Furniture - jobs connected with repair or purchasing furniture.
- Replacement of nameplates for room occupants.
- Replacement of cracked sanitary ware when the damage has not prevented use, or caused an H&S risk.
- Plaster repairs.
- Remove and replace bathroom sealant.
- Rechargeable job requests.
- Any other task that has been rearranged with the client to an agreed date.