We're hiring- YESI Co-ordinator
We are seeking to recruit a Co-ordinator to provide planning and support for projects within YESI, to drive the delivery of YESI’s programme of meetings, seminars and events, and to act as the central point of contact for YESI’s internal and external partnerships.
The York Environmental Sustainability Institute (YESI) is seeking to recruit a Co-ordinator to provide planning and support for projects within YESI, to drive the delivery of YESI’s programme of meetings, seminars and events, and to act as the central point of contact for YESI’s internal and external partnerships.
You will be based within YESI, an inter-disciplinary partnership spanning the social, physical and natural sciences at the University of York. You will act as the central point of contact for academics and other staff engaging with YESI from across the University, as well as for a range of external partners. You will organise activities to support the delivery of YESI research, including internal and external meetings, seminars and events, and be responsible for maintaining YESI’s web and social media presence.
Skills, experience & qualification needed
- Minimum A-C in GCSE Mathematics and English or equivalent is essential
- A levels or NVQ level 3, or equivalent experience is essential
- University degree or equivalent knowledge/experience in subject relevant to YESI research areas is desirable.
- Good knowledge of all standard Microsoft Office applications, website creation and social media, and a demonstrable track record of both project and event management.
- Experience of planning, organising and facilitating networks, meetings, workshops and conferences, as well as a proven ability to foster collaborations with a range of stakeholders.
- Experience in public relations and of communication across a range of platforms including social media.
- A flexible approach to managing a diverse workload and a high degree of organisation.
For informal enquiries: please contact Prof Jane K. Hill (email@example.com) or Dr Robyn Inglis (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Closing Date: 16 February 2020
Interview Date: 05 March 2020