We’re hiring- YESI Director
We are seeking to appoint a new Director to provide high-level strategic leadership, guiding us successfully through the next exciting stage of our development.
You will provide strategic leadership for the Institute, nurturing collaborative research in environmental sustainability at York, including supporting strategic partnerships at the University. You will be instrumental in continuing to raise the profile of research in environmental sustainability at York and of the YESI brand, both internally and with external partners. Partnerships with key external organisations (academic, NGO, Government and business) are essential for YESI’s research agenda, and you will ensure the sustained success of these partnerships and that York continues to lead the development of innovative environmental research.
- Proven leadership and managerial skills
- PhD in relevant subject area related to environmental sustainability
- Outstanding and internationally recognised knowledge in relevant discipline
- Evidence of the ability to translate research into impact
- Substantial publication record in leading peer-reviewed journals
- Significant and sustained success in accessing research grants and other external funding
The successful candidates will be appointed as a Professor in a relevant academic department and will take the Director of YESI is for an initial period of four years.
Salary will be commensurate with experience on the professorial scale, current minimum £64,986 per annum.
More information about the role
Informal enquiries may be directed to Professor Jane Hill (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Closing Date: 02 February 2020
Interview Date: 06 March 2020