Congratulations on your offer!
Exceptional students like you deserve an exceptional university experience. Find out why York is such a fantastic place to live and study from our current students and what the next steps are to prepare for your arrival on campus.
York is a special University for so many reasons and I hope that you’re excited to join us.
As elected President, I organise an incredible range of opportunities which you’ll have the chance to get involved in – and the main reason I ran for this positions is because I love York so much! York is such a beautiful and welcoming city, and our University is home to a diverse student community.
University life here is pretty hard to put into words, but do get in touch if you have any questions. If you’d love to know more about the volunteering projects you can get involved in, or the sports and societies we offer, or even the huge cross-campus events that take place - then just drop us a message on Facebook.
Congratulations on getting a place, you are exceptional and I hope you have an incredible time here at York!
James Durcan, President of the University of York Students' Union (YUSU)
Get to know us better
Who better to tell you about student life than our current students? Read the inspirational stories from our Humans of York and get to know what it's like to live and study in York, directly from students who are already here.
Want to read more?
Our blog is full of stories from different students sharing their unique view on life at York – the fun stuff and the challenges!
Placements with Careers and Placements
Posted by Maxim on 24 May 2019
Hi, I’m Maxim. For the past year I have worked at the University in the Careers and Placements team. I have been responsible for…
Actuarial modelling in Paris and London: what I’ve learned
Posted by Rhiannon on 23 May 2019
Hi, I’m Rhiannon, and I’ve been working as an Actuarial Modelling intern for SCOR. I spent the first half of my year in SCOR’s…
My Archaeology excavation experience
Posted by Amy on 21 May 2019
Hey guys! I’m Amy, a 1st Year Archaeology and Heritage student, and I’ve just finished a four-week excavation of a Roman town in Malton…
Making friends in York
Posted by Student Content Team on 20 May 2019
Read tips and advice from our international students on the best ways to make friends at university in York.…
Your offer, explained
- You may be asked to meet conditions, usually predominantly based on your qualifications.
- Once you've received decisions from all your university choices you will be asked to choose a firm (first) choice of university and an insurance (second) choice.
- Now that you have an offer from us, you'll have access to You@York (excluding Hull York Medical School). Here you track the progress of your application and upload supporting documents. If you are an international applicant you can request your CAS.
Your next steps
You've got your offer (congratulations!) but what do you need to do now?
Reply to your offer
- If you applied before 15 January 2019 and have received a decision on all of your university choices before 31 March 2019, then you need to accept or decline your offers before 1 May 2019. If not, UCAS will decline these offers on your behalf. Check UCAS Track for your personal deadline.
- If you applied after 15 January 2019 and have received a decision on all of your university choices before 2 May 2019, then you need to accept or decline your offers before 6 June 2019. If not, UCAS will decline these offers on your behalf. Check UCAS Track for your personal deadline.
- With a range of room prices and options on or very close to our compact campus, our accommodation is a great place to live and study.
- Visit days for offer-holders: some of our departments offer visit days between January and April so that you can get to know your department better, these are exclusively for offer-holders.
- Student-guided campus tours: a current student will lead the one-hour tour and share their experiences of studying and living in York, plus answer any questions you might have.
Preparing for your exams
Exam time can be stressful but don't worry, you're not alone.
Everyone has different ways of revising and you just need to find what works best for you. To give you some more ideas, we've asked our current students to share their top revision tips.
Take a look at our accommodation options.Find out more
Get a feel for campus on a visit day or campus tour.Book your place
Discover what's on offer in York: the city of contrasts.Explore York