Congratulations on your offer!
Exceptional students like you deserve an exceptional university experience. Find out why York is such a fantastic place to live and study from our current students and what the next steps are to prepare for your arrival on campus.
The University of York is a brilliant place for a whole variety of reasons and I hope you're excited to join us here.
As the elected President of the Students' Union (YUSU), I oversee the provision of an incredible range of opportunities that everyone has the chance to be involved with. York is a beautiful and historic city with a strong community feel, and is home to a diverse student population - the main reason I ran for this position is that I really do love York!
It's not easy to put into words what university life is like here, as there's so much on offer and everyone's journey is different, but it is that variety of student life that makes it amazing. If you have any questions please get in touch - we can tell you about the volunteering projects you can get involved in, the sports and societies we offer, as well as the huge cross-campus events that take place - you can find us on Facebook!
Congratulations on getting a place at York, you've done so well already and I hope you have an incredible time once you arrive here at York.
Samara Jones, President of the University of York Students' Union (YUSU)
Get to know us better
Who better to tell you about student life than our current students? Read the inspirational stories from our Humans of York and get to know what it's like to live and study in York, directly from students who are already here.
Want to read more?
Our blog is full of stories from different students sharing their unique view on life at York – the fun stuff and the challenges!
My university experience: using support networks
Posted by Zainab on 8 December 2019
You can’t plan your university experience However hard you try, you can’t plan how your university experience will go. I came to York questioning…
Is University Really Any Different To School?
Posted by Claire on 7 December 2019
As a third-year mathematics student studying an Integrated Master’s degree, I am in my second to last year now. And I can tell you…
Life at University – Myths vs Reality
Posted by Xavier on 6 December 2019
Life at Uni – Myths vs Reality Moving to University can be a daunting concept. As prospective students, many people worry about commonly voiced…
Why I Chose York
Posted by Eve on 5 December 2019
York is such a wonderful place to be. I love both the city and the university campus for so many reasons. Both have such…
Your offer, explained
- You may be asked to meet conditions, usually predominantly based on your qualifications.
- Once you've received decisions from all your university choices you will be asked to choose a firm (first) choice of university and an insurance (second) choice.
- Now that you have an offer from us, you'll have access to You@York (excluding Hull York Medical School). Here you track the progress of your application and upload supporting documents. If you are an international applicant you can request your CAS.
Your next steps
You've got your offer (congratulations!) but what do you need to do now?
Reply to your offer
- If you applied before 15 January 2020 and have received a decision on all of your university choices before 31 March 2020, then you need to accept or decline your offers before 5 May 2020. If not, UCAS will decline these offers on your behalf. Check UCAS Track for your personal deadline.
- If you applied after 15 January 2020 and have received a decision on all of your university choices before 6 May 2020, then you need to accept or decline your offers before 4 June 2020. If not, UCAS will decline these offers on your behalf. Check UCAS Track for your personal deadline.
- With a range of room prices and options on or very close to our compact campus, our accommodation is a great place to live and study.
- Visit days for offer-holders: some of our departments offer visit days between January and April so that you can get to know your department better, these are exclusively for offer-holders.
- Student-guided campus tours: a current student will lead the one-hour tour and share their experiences of studying and living in York, plus answer any questions you might have.
- Online campus tour: get to know us better by exploring the highlights of our inspiring campus and city.
Take a look at our accommodation options.Find out more
Get a feel for campus on a visit day or campus tour.Book your place
Discover what's on offer in York: the city of contrasts.Explore York