Online and distance learners
Whatever your reason for studying off campus - whether you are an online and distance learner, part-time student, or an undergraduate on a placement away from York - you can get support.
- send careers enquiries via the Careers Information Team in Handshake
- get feedback on CVs, applications and supporting statements - see the CVs and applications page for information on using CareerSet.
- have CVs and applications reviewed through v-guidance (feedback via a screencast/video or annotated notes). Submit your application by uploading documents to your profile and messaging the Careers Information Team in Handshake
- arrange for a telephone or online appointment - bookable in Handshake or email email@example.com or ring +44(0)1904 322685
- keep in touch through social media
Key Careers and Placements web pages:
Even if you are away from campus, you can still make use of University of York networks:
- York Profiles and Mentors - discover real life work experiences of alumni after York; you can ask questions or request a mentor
- Networking - including our networking toolkit
- LinkedIn - connect with business professionals and keep up to date with developments in your sector through group dicussions, introductions and personal recommendations. There are also useful online student user guides to LinkedIn.
Careers and Placements
Mon-Fri 10am-5pm (Undergraduate term time)
Telephone: +44(0)1904 322685
Email: message the Careers Information Team via Handshake
View our other social media