Significant changes to buses
Posted on 21 September 2023
First Bus are introducing new timetables, alterations to the free zone, bus numbers and bus routes across campus and into the city centre from 24 September.
Changes will include:
- Routes 66 and 67 will no longer feature any free travel zone for staff and students (excluding disabled users). These buses are regular services that will require payment and will travel between both campuses and onwards into the city centre.
- Routes 68 and 69 will be renamed C1 and C2.
- C1 and C2 will be free intercampus shuttles for staff and students. They are free to travel between their various locations, spanning the bus interchange and Sport Village on Campus East across to Heslington Hall, the Library or James College on Campus West.
- Routes C1 and C2 have differing routes and timetables so please visit the First App or the Travel and Transport web page for further details.
- Routes will be serviced by double decker buses to alleviate problems with overcrowding.
- Please note, no routes will travel to the Grimston Bar interchange
- First are also introducing new look buses to University specific routes that do not feature any University branding.
All route maps can be found on our travel and transport pages. Timetables can be found in the First Bus App.