Vice-Chancellor's Teaching Awards 2020
Posted on 11 June 2020
Congratulations to colleagues who have been awarded Vice-Chancellor's Teaching Awards.
The scheme recognises and rewards colleagues (academics, learning support staff, teaching ‘teams’ and postgraduates/postdocs who teach) who demonstrate excellence in teaching and/or learning support at York.
The panel, chaired by John Robinson, Pro-Vice Chancellor for Teaching, Learning and Students, was looking for three key qualities:
- Sustained excellence across a range of teaching/support activities and over a reasonable period of time.
- A creative approach to teaching and/or learning support, focused on student learning needs.
- Evidence that nominees make an impact on colleagues as well as students.
Fourteen awards were made and will be formally conferred by the Chancellor or Vice-Chancellor at one of our postponed summer 2020 graduation ceremonies:
- Dr Aimee Little, Department of Archaeology
- Dr Peter Mayhew, Department of Biology
- Emma Rand, Department of Biology
- Professor Paul Walton, Department of Chemistry
- Dr Matthais Morys, Department of Economics and Related Studies
- Dr Dominic Spengler, Department of Economics and Related Studies
- Aidan Collins, Department of History
- Dr Jon Howlett, Department of History
- Dr Heidi Basler, Hull York Medical School
- Dr Paul Pryor, Hull York Medical School
- Dr Richard Powell, Department of Music
- Dr Alex Reid, Department of Psychology
- Dr Chris Corker, The York Management School
- Dr Peter Harrison, The York Law School.
We are now inviting a second round of applications for the 2020 Vice-Chancellor's Teaching Awards. The closing date for nominations is midday Friday 25 September.
Find more information about the second round of the Vice-Chancellor's Teaching Awards and the application form.