- Coronavirus (COVID-19) update 26 February 2020
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) update 7 February 2020
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) update 4 February 2020
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) update 2 February 2020
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) update 1 February 2020
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) update 31 January 2020
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) update 24 January 2020
Posted on 7 February 2020
We understand that staff and students are justifiably concerned about the coronavirus. We want to reassure you again that the risk is low and remind staff and students that the University is operating as normal.
The UK Chief Medical Officers are now advising anyone who has travelled to the UK from mainland China, Thailand, Japan, Republic of Korea, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia or Macau in the last 14 days and is experiencing cough or fever or shortness of breath, to stay indoors and call NHS 111, even if symptoms are mild.
If this applies to you, please follow the advice and email email@example.com to let them know.
Please remember, the student diagnosed with coronavirus has the right to confidentiality. We would also like to remind all staff and students that the University is a community of respect and that any act of abuse or hate speech is unacceptable and should be reported to the University or the local police.
Even though the risk of further infection is low, it makes sense to practice good hygiene:
The FCO is currently advising against all travel to Hubei Province, and against all but essential travel to the rest of mainland China. If you’re in China and able to leave, you should do so. See the latest travel advice for China.