Exams and Assessment Administrator
The Department of Mathematics is seeking to appoint an Exams & Assessment Administrator. This new post will be part of a team that supports the exams and assessment processes throughout the academic year for undergraduate and postgraduate taught students.
The role holder will be part of a team that manages the full range of exams and assessment processes throughout the academic year, for undergraduate and postgraduate taught students. The role holder will work as part of the Department’s student administration team, liaising with the Undergraduate Administrator, Postgraduate Administrator and Student Administration Manager on all matters relating to exams and assessments. The role holder will work closely with academic members of the Department, particularly the Chair of the Board of Examiners and Chair of the Exceptional Circumstances Affecting Assessment Committee. You will act as a point of contact for the Examinations Office.
Skills, Experience & Qualification needed
- A general education to include 5 GCSE passes at Grade C or above (including Maths and English), or an equivalent educational qualification, or relevant experience
- Thorough knowledge of administrative procedures and processes used in a busy office within a large complex organisation
- IT skills, with the ability to use Google Suite, Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and the ability to create & maintain web pages and online media
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people, orally and in writing
- Excellent numeracy & literacy skills with the ability to produce accurate e-mails, letters, reports, and briefings to a high standard
- Experience of working in an administrative role in a busy office within a large complex organisation
- Experience of analysing data and presenting summary information in a clear and concise format
- Experience of providing an excellent standard of customer service
- Experience of organising events & meetings
- To be able to offer Tier 2 Sponsorship you must include all criteria you will be using to make shortlisting/appointing decisions. These same criteria must be included in your shortlisting and interview records.
- We will add the University’s Equality and Diversity statement to all advertisements:
For more informaiton and to apply click here
Interview date: week commencing 16th December 2019
For informal enquiries: please contact Cheri Mussell, firstname.lastname@example.org or Heather Cork, email@example.com