We develop cutting-edge mathematical approaches to study challenging problems.
Our research interests and expertise cover:
- biological fluid dynamics (swimming sperm, bacteria and algae)
- chemical statistics (food traceability)
- mathematical ecology (fisheries and stochastic dynamics)
- mathematical physiology (wound healing)
- mathematical virology (virus assembly using symmetry)
- systems biology (complexity and emergent phenomena).
We enjoy a vibrant research community and offer a range of PhD opportunities.
- Professor Martin Bees
- Dr George Constable
- Dr Gustav Delius
- Dr Eric Dykeman
- Dr Konstantin Ilin
- Prof Richard Law
- Prof Jon Pitchford (joint with Biology)
- Dr Dmitri (Mitya) Pushkin
- Professor Reidun Twarock (joint with Biology)
- Dr Julie Wilson
- Prof Andrew (Jamie) Wood (joint with Biology)
We host regular seminars, lectures, study groups and informal meetings throughout the year.
Push the boundaries of knowledge in our supportive and stimulating environment.