We develop cutting-edge mathematical approaches to study challenging problems.
Our research interests and expertise cover:
- biological fluid dynamics (swimming sperm, bacteria and algae)
- chemical statistics (food traceability)
- mathematical ecology (fisheries and stochastic dynamics)
- mathematical physiology (wound healing)
- mathematical virology (virus assembly using symmetry)
- systems biology (complexity and emergent phenomena).
We enjoy a vibrant research community and offer a range of PhD opportunities.
- Professor Martin Bees
- Dr George Constable
- Dr Gustav Delius
- Dr Eric Dykeman
- Dr Konstantin Ilin
- Dr Jon Pitchford (joint with Biology)
- Dr Dmitri (Mitya) Pushkin
- Professor Reidun Twarock (joint with Biology)
- Dr Julie Wilson
- Dr Andrew (Jamie) Wood (joint with Biology)
- Dr Fiona Bate (Daphne Jackson Fellowship)
We host regular seminars, lectures, study groups and informal meetings throughout the year.
Push the boundaries of knowledge in our supportive and stimulating environment.