University of York awarded Gold in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
Posted on 6 June 2018
“Students from all backgrounds achieve consistently outstanding outcomes” at York
The University of York has been awarded a Gold rating in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) following our resubmission earlier this year. The judging panel noted that “students from all backgrounds achieve consistently outstanding outcomes” at York.
In awarding Gold to York, the pane identified other positive aspects of the York experience:
- a most highly valued culture for rewarding teaching that supports excellence in provision across the provider (the University)
- a research-strong environment that engages and provides the most outstanding levels of stretch for students in their learning
- the impact of interventions to ensure that assessment and feedback are used effectively in supporting students’ development, progression and attainment
- outstanding academic support that enables all students to progress and succeed in their studies
- excellent provision of careers support and development of employability skills to ensure very good employment and further study outcomes.