The Student Careers and Systems team is led by Hannah Smith.
We provide careers guidance and support for current students and alumni, and are responsible for:
- Handshake - our careers platform
- Placement Year programme
- Your Career Journey
- York Profiles and Mentors
- York Strengths and York Award
We develop, support and maintain student systems, and are responsible for:
- the University's student student record system (SITS)
- managing and maintaining the system, ensuring accuracy, timeliness and completeness of the data
- providing advice, guidance and training
- maintaining course and module structures and supporting assessment, progression and enrolment processes
- issuing access to SITS and e:Vision, the Student Data Warehouse (DWH) and the Student Enquiry Screen (SES)
- advising users on the use of the Student Data Warehouse
- delivering a number of major data returns to the Higher Education Statistical Agency (HESA), including the HESA Student, ITT and DLHE returns
- confirming student attendance to the Student Loans Company and supplying information for the HEI Course Database
- providing SkillsForge advice and support
SITS and Data Warehouse training
We offer an online course that will show users how to navigate around SITS and how to interpret a student record.
Before attending Data Warehouse training you should have completed the Introduction to the student record in SITS training and have a basic knowledge of navigating around Microsoft Access.
Book on to a Data Warehouse course through the Learning Management System. Once logged in, search for courses under Informations Management > Computing and IT.
If you have a training query about SITS or Data Warehouse, email email@example.com.