Find out about tuition fees, funding options and the cost of living in York.
York fee guarantee for EU nationals: If you're an EU national joining the University in the 2016/17 academic year you will only need to pay UK-level tuition fees for the duration of your course. We guarantee this, regardless of what may happen during the negotiation period of the UK’s withdrawal from the EU.
Undergraduate fees and funding
We offer a number of scholarships for undergraduate study:
- Undergraduate scholarships for non-EU students
- Undergraduate scholarships for EU students
- Undergraduate scholarships for refugees.
Eligible EU nationals joining the University in the 2016/17 academic year will have access to student loans for the duration of their course.
For full details see: Undergraduate tuition fees and funding
Postgraduate Masters fees and funding
A number of scholarships and funding options are available for Masters degrees:
- Masters scholarships and funding for non-EU students
- Masters scholarships and funding for EU students.
For full details see: Postgraduate Masters tuition fees and funding
Research degrees fees and funding
We offer a number of scholarships for research degrees and you may also be eligible for other funding options:
- Research degree scholarships for non-EU students
- Research degree scholarships and funding for EU students
- China Scholarships Council research scholarships.
For full details see: Research degrees tuition fees and funding
You may also be able to access country-specific funding.
If you're already studying a degree at another university, you can apply to spend time at York as a visiting student. Find out about tuition fees for visiting students.
Use our living costs guides to plan your budget: