Find out about tuition fees, funding options and the cost of living in York.
EU referendum update: the government has confirmed that EU students starting in 2017/18 will continue to pay UK fees for the duration of their studies. The applies to undergraduate, postgraduate taught and research courses.
Undergraduate fees and funding
We offer a number of scholarships for undergraduate study:
- Undergraduate scholarships for non-EU students
- Undergraduate scholarships for EU students
- Equal Access scholarships for undergraduate scholarships (for students seeking refuge in the UK)
EU referendum update: student loans for EU students
If you're an eligible EU national looking to join the University in the 2017/18 academic year, the government has confirmed you’ll have access to student loans for the duration of your course.
For full details see: Undergraduate tuition fees and funding
Postgraduate Masters fees and funding
A number of scholarships and funding options are available for Masters degrees:
- Masters scholarships and funding for non-EU students
- Masters scholarships and funding for EU students.
For full details see: Postgraduate Masters tuition fees and funding
Research degrees fees and funding
We offer a number of scholarships for research degrees and you may also be eligible for other funding options:
- Research degree scholarships for non-EU students
- Research degree scholarships and funding for EU students
- China Scholarships Council research scholarships.
For full details see: Research degrees tuition fees and funding
You may also be able to access country-specific funding.
If you're already studying a degree at another university, you can apply to spend time at York as a visiting student. Find out about tuition fees for visiting students.
Use our living costs guides to plan your budget:
Meet or contact us
Find out about online events, visits to your country and campus tours.Meet or contact us
Talk to a student
Our students would love to tell you about their experience.Email a student
Order or download your copy of our prospectus.Get a prospectus