Find out about tuition fees and funding for research degrees (PhD, MPhil, and MA/MSc by research) at York.

Tuition fees

How much our courses cost:

Funding your studies

Help with tuition fees and living costs:

UK/EU or international fees?

The UK/EU fee rate typically applies to UK and EU nationals who are ordinarily resident in the EEA. It may also apply to Jersey, Guernsey and Isle of Man residents. The international fee rate typically applies to non-EU nationals or students who are ordinarily resident outside the EEA. 

If you're unsure whether you're classified as a 'UK/EU' or 'international' student for fee purposes check your fee status.

Visiting students

If you're already studying a postgraduate degree at another university, you can apply to spend time at York as a visiting student. Find out how much it costs.