Find out how and when to pay your tuition fees.

If a sponsor is paying your fees

You should let us know their details when you enrol. This information should be provided at the start of each year of study. Sponsors are usually expected to pay the fees in full at the start of each year.

If you're self-funding your studies

You'll need to pay your fees directly to the University. You can pay in instalments, depending on the amount, duration of your studies, and whether you have a history of late payments. This is an automatic concession and does not have to be arranged with the Fees Office.

  • If you're starting in September or October: the instalments are due in October (50%), January (25%) and April (25%).
  • If you're starting in January: the instalments are due in January (50%), April (25%) and July (25%).
  • If you're starting in the summer term (between April and June): the instalments are due in April (50%), July (25%) and October (25%).

We reserve the right to refuse instalment arrangements for students with a history of late payments to the University.

For more information see paying the UniversityPlease note that we don't accept payments in cash.

Related links

If you require a Student Visa

If you require a Student Visa (formerly Tier 4 Visa) to study in the UK, you need to provide proof that you can support yourself and pay for your course (this will vary depending on your circumstances). For more information see: General Student Visa (Tier 4) (

Paying for your accommodation

When you accept your room, you'll need to make an advanced payment. Your rent will then be split over three instalments (one per term). Find out more about paying for your accommodation.

Teach while you study

You can apply for teaching opportunities which can provide vauable experience and supplement your income.

Related links