In line with Public Health England’s current advice on social distancing, and with great regret, we have decided to postpone this year’s York Festival of Ideas. This decision has been made to help protect the health of our audiences, speakers and staff.
The Festival will now take place from 8-20 June 2021, and Discovery Zone dates will be announced shortly. We look forward to continuing to work with you then as we celebrate ten years of delivering inspirational events under the banner of Infinite Horizons.
Discovery Zone is a hands-on, family-friendly exhibition that forms part of York Festival of Ideas. The event is held in the May half-term holiday in a marquee on Parliament Street in the centre of York. It regularly attracts large audiences, with over 5000 people attending across the two-day event last year.
The event is a great opportunity to highlight University research and showcase exciting educational activities across all subject areas.
The focus of this event is on families with children aged 7-14. However, it attracts a very diverse audience, both geographically (with people attending from across the country) and demographically.
Discovery Zone will next take place in May/June 2021 (dates to be confirmed) in a marquee on Parliament Street in the centre of York.
An online application form will be available here in autumn 2020.
Hands-on exhibition activities to excite the public, and families in particular, with your subject and/or research.
To be confirmed.
- “Lots of interesting, educational fun”
- “Super dooper fun!”
- “Very educational. Six year old and 75 year old were absolutely fascinated.”
- “We just wish we could have stayed longer!”
- “All the staff were great - could spend hours here.”
- “I think there should be more events like this one.”
- “Very impressive, engaging and inclusive”
- “Great fun for family and lots of interesting things”
- “Great to have access to these things which make learning interesting.”