Science and Society Group
The Science and Society Group explores public engagement with science ideas, in order to co-ordinate science engagement programmes, and assist inter-departmental collaboration for public engagement.
Helping to meet the University's aims
The Science and Society Group seeks to:
- explore new and innovative ways for scientists to interact with the public
- follow a widening participation agenda
- profile the University's science research to the local community
- increase opportunities for people of all ages and from all sectors of society to engage with research and researchers
- encourage young people to consider science at university and as a career
- explore new ways of raising the University's science presence in York and the region
- profile the value of the University to the local community by showcasing science research
- be a forum for the sharing of ideas and information about science
- encourage interdisciplinary contacts in the sciences.