Social work offers a varied and interesting career working with and supporting adults, children, families and their wider communities.
As well as registering as social workers, graduates from our department go on to work in a range of areas, including:
- Advocacy and advisory services
- Child protection
- Community care management
- Media, marketing and public relations
- Youth development work
Yorkshire Urban Rural Teaching Partnership (YURTP)
As part of this partnership we collaborate to develop, inspire and sustain highly-skilled and confident social workers to improve outcomes for children, adults, families and communities.
- The Teaching Partnership video features our students, a lecturer and careers advisor relating what social work means to them and how to approach a career in social work.
- Watch Social Workers talk about why they chose this profession.