Our core focus is the interaction of welfare state institutions and the criminal justice system.
We conduct research across a wide range of national and international crime issues. With our expertise we provide robust evidence informing policymakers and practitioners, contributing to current debates around crime and wider social harm.
As a body of experienced researchers, we are involved in a broad mix of local, national and international research studies including topics such as:
- policing and anti-social behaviour
- young people involved with the criminal justice system
- women as victims and offenders; the sex work industry
- vulnerable groups; the military and social policy
- national and global illicit drug use policy.
Push the boundaries of knowledge in our supportive and stimulating environment.Study with us
Search our research and browse publications in the York Research Database.Explore publications