Departments and Centres
Social sciences research at York is conducted across the Faculty of Social Sciences departments, cross faculty research centres and many interdisciplinary research centres.
Social sciences departments
ReCSS the hub of research life for staff and postgaduates from the University's social science departments.
Cross faculty research centres
We promote and enhance interdisciplinary research across the University, encompassing well-established high profile collaborations and innovative initiatives.
Alongside our departments and cross faculty centres, social sciences research expertise at York reaches across our many research centres.
- Centre for Applied Macro-Finance
- Centre for Experimental Economics
- Centre for Historical Economics and Related Research at York
- Centre for Mechanism and Institution Design
- Centre for Performance Evaluation and Resource Management
- Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG)
- Centre for Housing Policy (CHP)
- Money Macro and Finance Research Group
- Social Policy Research Unit (SPRU)
- Centre for Research in Language Learning and Use(CReLLU)
- University of York Science Education Group (UYSEG)
- Centre for Research on Education and Social Justice (CRESJ)
- Psychology in Education Research Centre (PERC)
- Science and Technology Studies Unit
- Anomalous Experiences Research Unit
- Coma & Disorders of Consciousness Research Centre
- European Centre for Cultural Exploration
- Centre for Advanced Studies in Language & Communication
- Centre for Political Youth Culture And Communication
- Centre for Childhood, Youth and Family Research