Teachers' and Careers Advisers' Conference
Our annual conference for teachers, heads of sixth form and careers advisers takes place on campus Wednesday 5 June 2019.
The conference provides delegates with the chance to engage with graduates, current students, academics, support and admissions staff at the University of York through a personalised programme of activities including:
- Speed networking with academics from each of our faculties; Arts and Humanities, Social Sciences and Sciences.
- Department tours and Interactive sessions to experience teaching, learning and facilities at a top, research-led university.
- Alumni talks from graduates who will share their experiences of studying at York and professional life with a degree from a world-class university.
- ‘All The Trimmings’ Extracurricular Fair to explore the vast range of opportunities our students engage with alongside their studies.
- Admissions workshop led by our Admissions team, showing you how we assess your students’ applications.
- Question Time to address your questions. The panel will include a selection of University of York staff and students
Delegates leave with the tools needed to provide students with current advice about higher education and a network of university contacts.
I gained an insight into the staffing of both academic departments and pastoral care - very important to reassure my students by describing the resources available to them.
Tremendous opportunity to see and experience the global opportunities available to international students at York.