Teachers' and Careers Advisers' Conference
Our annual conference for teachers, heads of sixth form and careers advisers takes place on campus in Summer.
Our 2019 conference has now taken place. Details of our 2020 conference will be available soon.
The conference provides delegates with the chance to engage with graduates, current students, academics, support and admissions staff at the University of York through a personalised programme of activities including:
- Speed networking with academics from each of our faculties; Arts and Humanities, Social Sciences and Sciences.
- Department tours and Interactive sessions to experience teaching, learning and facilities at a top, research-led university.
- Alumni talks from graduates who will share their experiences of studying at York and professional life with a degree from a world-class university.
- ‘All The Trimmings’ Extracurricular Fair to explore the vast range of opportunities our students engage with alongside their studies.
- Admissions workshop led by our Admissions team, showing you how we assess your students’ applications.
- Question Time to address your questions. The panel will include a selection of University of York staff and students
Delegates leave with the tools needed to provide students with current advice about higher education and a network of university contacts.
I gained an insight into the staffing of both academic departments and pastoral care - very important to reassure my students by describing the resources available to them.
Tremendous opportunity to see and experience the global opportunities available to international students at York.