Food waste accounts for just 5% of household waste yet is responsible for around 25% of the waste sector’s carbon footprint. The Resources and Waste Strategy for England will require all English local authorities to collect food waste separately by 2023. This will require local authority food waste collection to roughly double in two years. This free webinar will discuss the implications of this for the AD industry and how innovation can help.
- 14:00 Introduction to the webinar - (Elspeth Bartlet, BioVale)
- 14.05 An introduction to the food waste collection policy: commitment, consultation and future options (Mark Richmond, WRM)
- 14:15 The local authority viewpoint (John Coates, LARAC)
- 14:25 Domestic food waste packaging: compatibility with AD (James Lee, Cromwell Polythene)
- 14:35 Degritting innovation for AD (Raimund Selz, Metamo Process Technology)
- 14:45 Potential for additional income streams for AD from insect protein (Alex Setchfield, InsBio)
- 14:55 Q and A