This event has now finished.
Politics Open Lecture
Sponsored by the Politics Society and United Nations Association York
With negotiations beginning between Afghanistan, the USA, and the Taliban our panel examines the potential for this to provide a solution to Afghan's decades of war and whether they can result in peace. We are particularly honoured to have Ambassador Roya Rahmani, Ambassador to the US from Afghanistan on this panel.
This panel is open to members of the public and may be recorded.
- Her Excellency Roya Rahmani, Ambassador to the United States of America for the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan
- Ms. Manuela da Rosa Jorge of Queen Mary University of London
- Mr. Zahid Ullah of the University of York
- Dr. Sara van Goozen of the University of York
- Dr. Nick Ritchie of the University of York