The Dame Janet Baker Masters Scholarship
The Dame Janet Baker Masters Scholarship has been created thanks to the generosity of Dame Janet Baker to provide £2,000 towards the fees of a UK masters student specialising in performance, with priority given to first study singers.
Applicants must meet the following requirement:
- You hold an offer to study at the University of York, Department of Music at postgraduate level for entry in October 2019
- You can show that you have achieved or are projected to be awarded a minimum 2:1 classification of undergraduate degree
- You are classified as Home (UK) in university admissions procedures
Applicants should also submit a personal statement of up to 400 words addressing the following:
- Why you have applied for the Dame Janet Baker Masters Scholarship
- Further information about why you have chosen to study the Masters programme you have
- Information about your achievements to date
- Why you feel you should receive the Dame Janet Baker Masters Scholarship award
Apply for this scholarship via our application form. You'll need to submit your personal details, your academic details and some written statements.
You will be asked to name a referee who will be able to support your application.