PhD Application Workshop
Posted on 18 October 2022
York Law School: 25th November 2022
Are you thinking about applying to do a PhD?
Would you like some help in developing a strong application for a studentship at York Law School?
We invite applications for attendance at a free online workshop for students considering applying for a studentship in 2023 at York Law School.
What PGR funding is available?
- Students can apply to ESRC and AHRC for funding to undertake postgraduate research at York Law School
- We cannot, unfortunately, support non-UK applications for the above funding schemes this year
- Additional competitive schemes are available (see: https://www.york.ac.uk/study/postgraduate-research/funding/)
What are the aims of the workshop?
- to help you draft a strong application for entry to the programme and for funding
- to offer support and feedback from members of YLS with experience of assessing PhD funding applications
Where will it take place? When does it start? When does it finish?
- It will take place online via Zoom, involving group sessions and 1-2-1 mentoring
- Friday 25th November 2022, 1pm to 4.30pm
Who should attend?
- you are considering applying to YLS to do a PhD
- you should have a 1st or strong 2:1 degree in law or a related discipline,
- you’ll also have a strong Masters degree (though applicants currently undertaking Masters study will be considered too)
- we will consider applications for research in any area of legal studies
How do I apply?
- To apply, you must send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org including the following:
- A short curriculum vitae, including results for your degree(s)
- A short statement of your proposed doctoral topic (250 - 500 words)
- A short statement identifying any members of staff you think may be appropriate supervisors (100 words max)
- An indication of the likely funding scheme to which you would apply and why it is appropriate for you
- The deadline for applications is 5pm, Friday 11th November, 2022 but we welcome early applications.