Web application security training course
Posted on 3 August 2016
We're re-running our practical based training course for web developers in secure development. On the course, participants will learn how to test web applications by breaking into them.
- Date: Thursday 20 October 2016
- Time: 10am - 4pm
- Location: LMB/102b (Board room in Law and Management, Campus East)
- Who's it for: anyone developing software for the University
- Cost: There is no charge to attend the course
What we'll cover:
- SQL injection
- Cross site scripting
- Remote file inclusion
- Authorisation/authentication errors
- You won't require experience in any specific language to take part in the course
- You will need to bring a laptop capable of running VMWare or VirtualBox, with administrator privileges
- One laptop between two is fine, if you're both from the same department
- Lunch is not provided, but we'll be making a trip to the Hub Café if you’d like to join us
Due to the hands-on nature of the course, it's limited to 12 participants. Places will be allocated on a first come, first served basis, so book your slot early!
If you'd like to attend, please complete this form:
Sign up »
If you can't attend on this date but would be interested in a future session, or have any other enquiries, please email email@example.com.