The workshop provided an opportunity for researchers to find out more about the work of colleagues working across the University in this important area and to hear accounts from those working on the front-line with doctors, nurses and patients.
External speakers included Stephen Parry, Ward Manager in an organic inpatient unit at Roseberry Park Hospital and Judith King, Head of Region for North East, Yorkshire and Lincolnshire.
Themes explored included:
- the importance of considering comorbidity
- thinking and acting more positively about ageing
- the value of compassion and empathy
- the role and value of coproduction
- how to develop earlier and less invasive methods of diagnosis