Environmental Performance Groups have been established in large energy using departments who are interested in actively improving their sustainability and reducing their carbon footprint.
The termly meetings consist of interested departmental staff and members of the Estates Environment and Energy Team, who provide feedback on energy use within the department.
They are useful for developing innovative energy saving and green ideas, which the Environment and Energy Team can then help to implement, both within the department and elsewhere across the University.
Examples of initiatives developed within these groups include trialling of Food Waste collection in Biology, provision of timeclocks for vending machines in Chemistry, plans for energy efficient lighting and controls for 4th floor labs in Electronics
If you are interested in establishing an Environmental Performance Group in your department or would like to join your department's group, please contact Jo.Hossell@york.ac.uk
Meets: Once per term
The group will draw its members from the whole constituency of the Department and will seek to provide a representation of all groups, taking into account the need to keep the group to a manageable size. Members will be sought via the Departmental Bulletin, Departmental staff meetings and Student Liaison Group.
1. Membership shall include academic, technical and administrative staff as well as post &/or undergraduates students.
2. Representation from the University Energy & Environment team
3. It is expected that non-members of the group will be invited to attend some meetings where specific expertise or advice is needed.
4. Sub-groups may be formed by the Group, as needed for specific purposes. Such groups may draw their membership from non-members of the group.
1. Meetings will be held once a term, or if needed or desirable, more frequently.
2. The Minutes of the meetings, and any major discussion documents produced on behalf of the group, will be accessible to all members of the Department via the web.
3. The Terms of Reference of the Group will be reviewed annually.
131120Minutes BiologyEPG (MS Word , 24kb) for the latest minutes from the Biology EPG.
131120BiologyEPGGraphs (MS Excel , 22kb) - the energy use graphs for Biology.
ElectronicsEPG Minutes June 2014 (PDF , 13kb) Latest minutes from Electronics EPG
Electronics Energy Use Graphs June 2014 (MS PowerPoint , 219kb) Energy Use Graphs to June 2014 for Electronics
140224ElectEPGMinutes.pdf (PDF , 19kb) February 2014 Minutes for Electronics EPG
140224EnergyUseElectronics.pdf (PDF , 178kb) Energy use graphs to Nov 2013 for Electronics.
131118EnergyUseElectroncs (MS Excel , 15kb) - Energy use graphs to Aug 2013 for Electronics.
For more information contact:
Departmental Energy Manager