York scholarships and bursaries 2016
We offer a number of scholarships and bursaries for UK/EU students to help with tuition fees and living expenses.
Awards based on household income
If you're from a lower-income household you could be eligible for a non-repayable bursary.
- £1,000 to £2,400 per year towards accommodation costs
- Household income must be £35,000 or less
- £3,000 to £5,600 fee waiver depending on household income
- £2,400 per year towards living costs
- Household income must be £25,000 or less
- £4,000 in the first year and £2,500 in subsequent years
- You must be aged 25 or under and have been in the care of your local authority or have come through the Foyer Federation
- £3,300 over three years
- For students who've overcome significant barriers to meet their educational goals
The Department of Chemistry typically offers up to ten scholarships for UK based students.