The University Plan
Our vision is to make the University of York a world leader:
- in the creation of knowledge through fundamental and applied research
- the sharing of knowledge by teaching students from varied backgrounds
- the application of knowledge for the health, prosperity and well-being of people and society.
Our values include the following:
- we encourage participation and openness, creativity and innovation
- we support academic freedom, which includes tolerance of diverse points of view and the provision of equal opportunities
- we are co-creators and custodians of knowledge
- we aim to help all students and staff to achieve their full potential
- we apply the best ethical standards in all our activities, recognising that our role is to shape future leaders who have the potential to change society.
To make progress towards achieving our mission, the University Plan identifies four main objectives: