Once you've accepted an unconditional offer, there are some things you'll need to do. You will be emailed instructions (typically around six weeks before your course starts).
We will send a 'joining instructions' email to your personal email account detailing what to do - please read it carefully.
Set up your account at idm.york.ac.uk using the York username and password sent to you in your joining instructions email.
Once you have set up your IT account, keep checking your University email account (Google Mail) as this is where we will send all future communications, including any module choices.
Log in to e:Vision, your student record, using your York username and password and complete the enrolment tasks:
- Upload a passport-style photo
- Set up direct debits for your accommodation (if you're in University accommodation) and tuition fees (if you're paying your own fees)
- If you do not hold a British or Irish passport, or have indefinite leave to remain and reside in the UK, you may need a visa to come study in the UK. See Do you need a visa for more information.
- Using e:Vision, upload a copy of your personal details from your passport.
- If you are a Student Visa holder, use e:Vision to tell us your intended travel date and send proof of your visa application - before you leave your home country.
You must have accommodation arranged prior to arriving in the UK.
- Using our Accommodation Hub, apply for University accommodation (or accept your offer if you've booked) and pay the £200 booking fee. If you haven't yet decided where to live, find out more about campus accommodation and livechat with our friendly accommodation advisers.
- If you're not living on campus, read our advice on finding somewhere to live in the private sector. You may have to pay up to six months rent in advance if you cannot provide details of a UK financial guarantor.
- If you are coming to York with a partner or family, you need to contact our Accommodation Services before arriving in the UK for advice about couples accommodation or family accommodation.
- If you prefer to find somewhere to live after you arrive in York, make sure you book guest house accommodation so you have somewhere to stay while you look.
- Let us know of any requirements or adjustments you may need for your University accommodation.
- Let Disability Services know of any requirements or adjustments we can make to help you learn. This may include disability or mental health support.