Applications for 2021/22
Applications for continuing undergraduate students wanting to live on campus for the 2021/22 academic year are now open.
When applying for accommodation, you'll need to rank your top 4 room choices in order of preference.
We'll get in touch in the following weeks after submitting your application, to let you know if we can offer you a room.
When applying for accommodation you'll need to rank your top 4 room choices in order of preference.
|Band||Bathroom||Catering||College||Let length||Per week||Per year|
|1||Shared||Self catered||Halifax||44 weeks||£99||£4,356|
|2||Shared||Self catered||Derwent||44 weeks||£115||£5,060|
|2||Shared||Self catered||Vanbrugh||44 weeks||£115||£5,060|
|3||ensuite||Self catered||Alcuin||44 weeks||£159||£6,996|
|3||ensuite||Self catered||Derwent||44 weeks||£159||£6,996|
|3||ensuite||Self catered||Anne Lister||44 weeks||£159||£6,996|
|3||ensuite||Self catered||Goodricke||44 weeks||£159||£6,996|
|3||ensuite||Self catered||James||44 weeks||£159||£6,996|
|3||ensuite||Self catered||Halifax||44 weeks||£159||£6,996|
|3||ensuite||Self catered||Vanbrugh||44 weeks||£159||£6,996|
|3 (large)||ensuite||Self catered||Halifax||44 weeks||£173||£7,612|
|3||Shared||Self catered||Derwent||44 weeks||£144||£6,336|
|3||Shared||Self catered||Goodricke||44 weeks||£144||£6,336|
|3||Shared||Self catered||Halifax||44 weeks||£144||£6,336|
|3||Shared||Self catered||James||44 weeks||£144||£6,336|
|4||ensuite||Self catered||Constantine||44 weeks||£173||£7,612|
|4||ensuite||Self catered||Langwith||44 weeks||£173||£7,612|
|4||Shared||Self catered||Constantine||44 weeks||£156||£6,864|
|4 (large)||ensuite||Self catered||Langwith||44 weeks||£189||£8,316|
|4||shared||Self catered||Langwith||44 weeks||£156||£6,864|
|3||ensuite||Self catered||Halifax||51 weeks||£159||£8,109|
There are loads of great reasons to live in University accommodation next year:
No upfront costs
Nothing to pay until your first rent instalment in October.
All inclusive prices
Bills and wifi included in the price of your rent.
Group booking available
Book as a group and stay together with your friends.
No extra signatures
No guarantors or additional references required when applying.
At the heart of things
Live at the heart of a supportive college and university community.
Enjoy having study and recreational facilities on your doorstep.
If you want to apply as a group, you'll need to designate one member of your group as a leader.
- The leader needs to make their application first, and select 'group application' when applying
- When making the application the group leader will be given a group code
- When applying after the group leader, other group members must select 'apply as part of a group' and enter the group code when prompted
Students applying as a group must choose the same room type/location as their top preference and ensure they apply within 48 hours of the group leader
Students with additional requirements
If you have any additional requirements please apply as soon as possible. When submitting your application, tick the additional requirements box and complete the information on the additional requirements page.
On completing your application please email a Supporting Evidence Form (PDF , 92kb), completed by a medical professional such as a GP or specialist to email@example.com.
Please note we cannot use information from previous years without your written permission.
Studying abroad or going on a placement year?
You can still book a room. As long as you let us know as soon as you find out that you’ve got a placement or will be studying abroad, you won’t be charged a cancellation fee.
Frequently asked questions
What you need to do
Please include information about any additional requirements, adaptations, adjustments or additional facilities you require in your online application.
Without this information, we may have difficulty meeting your accommodation requirements, so please let us know as soon as possible.
If you have previously applied with additional requirements
You do not have to submit evidence again unless we ask you to do so. However, you still need to let us know what your requirements are in your application form.
If you have not previously applied with additional requirements
You will need to upload documentary evidence from an appropriate professional to the additional requirements section of your application. If you do not have evidence on hand right away, you should email it to firstname.lastname@example.org with 'Additional requirements' in the title as soon as possible.
Please note: While we will do our best to meet all of your additional requirements, accommodation for continuing students is based on current availability. To give us the best chance of meeting your needs, we encourage you to apply early.
- You're responsible for looking after your bedroom and ensuite (if you have one) as well as making sure your kitchen and communal areas are tidy enough for our cleaning teams to do their job.
- Our cleaning teams will help you to look after your accommodation by performing a weekly kitchen clean to help you keep on top of things. They'll also clean your shared bathroom areas.
- You can let us know about any cleaning or maintenance problems by reporting them online and we'll do our best to resolve them swiftly.
- If you accept a room in a different college, your college membership will change when you move into your new college next year.
- If you wish to represent your college as a member of the Students' Association next year, you must be a member of the college.
- You won’t be able to keep your old college membership or represent your old college if you move to a different college.