UK and EU: Ask the experts - York
Thursday 12 May 2016, 6.00PM
In collaboration with the UK in a Changing Europe an event on the pros and cons of staying in Europe. The event will be held this Thursday 12 May at Merchant Adventurers' Hall, Fossgate, York YO1 9XD from 6pm onwards. Reception will follow.
The panel of speakers include:
- Dr Angus Armstrong: Director of Macroeconomics, National Institute for Economic and Social Research and senior fellow of ‘The UK in a Changing Europe’ will cover the economics of Brexit
- Dr Charlotte O’Brien: Senior Lecturer, University of York will explore the spectrum of legal alternatives
- Dr Simon Usherwood: Senior Lecturer in Politics, University of Surrey and senior fellow of ‘The UK in a Changing Europe’ will examine social media and how Britain is viewed from abroad
- Dr Sofia Vasilopoulou: Lecturer in Politics, University of York and Commissioning Fund Awardee of ‘The UK in a Changing Europe’ will examine democracy, public opinion and campaigns.
- Professor Catherine Barnard: Professor of European Union Law and senior fellow of The UK in a Changing Europe will discuss immigration and EU freedom of movement.
BBC Political Editor in Yorkshire, Len Tingle, will chair the debate. A drinks reception will be held after the event.
Location: Merchant Adventurers' Hall, Fossgate, York YO1 9XD
Admission: The event is open to all by ticket only