Management School PhD scholarships
Finance your research into business and management with a fee waiver and generous stipend.
Please ensure you have applied to our Management PhD by 31 March 2020. You need to have received a formal offer before applying for this scholarship. You should indicate that you are interested in this scholarship as part of your PhD application.
This scholarship will cover your tuition fees at the relevant UK/EU or international rate. In addition you will receive a maintenance grant equivalent to the RCUK's national minimum doctoral stipend (£14,777 per annum for 2018/19).
If your application is successful, you will receive the award for the first year of your PhD. You will continue to receive the award for up to two more years, subject to satisfactory academic progress.
Open to EU, International (non-EU) and UK students.
In order to be eligible you must also have an offer for a place on this course: PhD Management
To apply for this scholarship you must have:
- an undergraduate honours degree equivalent to UK 2:1 or above
- a Masters degree (or equivalent) in an appropriate academic discipline, with a minimum average score of 60 per cent.
You must live within a reasonable distance of the University of York while in receipt of this scholarship.
If your first language is not English, you must meet York Management School’s minimum English language requirements.
You will not be eligible to apply if:
- you already hold a PhD degree
- you have already started a PhD at York Management School
- you are not starting your PhD on 1 October 2020.
Application deadline: Friday 5 June 2020, 11.59pm BST
You can apply for this scholarship online.
You must apply for a place on the PhD programme before you apply for this scholarship.
You will need to provide:
- Your PhD application number
- A one-side A4 summary CV
- A 400-word statement, explaining:
- your motivation behind your desire to study at York Management School
- what special attributes or experience you would bring to the course
- why you deserve financial assistance.
You should also indicate that you are interested in the York Management School scholarship when you apply for your PhD.