Accessibility statement

Laptop and desktop repairs

Back up your data

Before sending your computer for repair, please ensure you have a reliable and current backup of your data.

For information on safely storing data see:

What to do if you have a fault on your laptop or desktop computer.

University owned devices

(Includes anything purchased via research funds.)

All University owned devices must be repaired via authorised repair companies - Stone (HP), Getech (Lenovo), Academia (Apple). Please contact IT Support in the first instance.

University unmanaged devices

Please contact your Departmental Computing Officer (DCO) who should be able to help arrange a repair and replacement if required.

Personal devices

Please do not send any University owned hardware to the following companies, if in doubt please contact IT Support.

Some local repair companies include:

Please note, IT Services do not endorse any of the above companies or their services.