Congratulations on receiving a place at the University of York, and we look forward to welcoming you in September.
Derwent is the oldest college at York. We're located in the heart of campus, have a reputation as the most social college, and we frequently excel in extracurricular activites such as Sport and Raising and Giving (RAG).
Please arrive on your scheduled day. Please do not turn up early without prior notification as your room will not be ready, and you will have to find alternative accommodation.
International undergraduate students: your move-in date is Friday 27 September or Saturday 28 September.
Please go to Derwent Reception when you arrive.
Home undergraduate students: your move-in date is Sunday 29 September.
To avoid congestion please book an arrival time.
You can use our campus map before you arrive so you know where you need to go.
1) When you arrive go straight to the Research Centre for Social Sciences in Zone 4. The postcode is YO10 5ZF. You will be able to park your vehicle and collect your keys in the building’s reception area. You will also be provided with an unloading zone ticket, please display this in your car window before you start your car.
2) Head to your designated unloading zone following the directions on your zone ticket.
3) We politely request that the driver stays with the vehicle. Student helpers (STYCs) will help you unload your items, and move them up to your room while the driver parks the vehicle at the overflow car park at the Innovation Centre in Zone 4.
4) Once you have put your belongings in your room, head down to the Derwent Dining Hall to collect your Freshers’ Week ticket and meet back up with your driver/friends and family.
5) If parents/guardians/friends want to stay for one of the "parents’ and supporters' talks", these will take place at 11.30am, 12.30pm and 2pm in D056 (next to the dining hall).
Your move-in date is Saturday 14 September; this is the date your tenancy starts though you can arrive any date after that up to 27 September.
Please go to Derwent Reception when you arrive. You will collect your keys from there and be directed to Eden's Court. If you will be arriving by taxi, please ask the driver to wait while you collect your keys, then he/she can take you directly to Eden's Court from Derwent Reception.