The Equality Act: protected characteristics - click on the links below for further information:
The Stop Hate UKhelpline is available on 0800 138 1625, and there is also an 24 hour online chat service
Equality and Diversity Office
The University of York values the diversity of its members and is committed to the creation of a positive environment which is fair, welcoming and inclusive and where everyone is treated with dignity and respect.
The role of the Equality and Diversity Office is:
- To provide information and support to staff and students on a wide range of equality matters
- To develop awareness of equality and diversity through publicity, training, development and networks.
- To advise on legislation and good practice and inform the University's work on equality through committees, publicity and our work on Equality Impact Assessment (EQIA)
- To co-ordinate University-wide anti-harassment work including the Code of Practice on Harassment and the network of Harassment Advisers . Provide guidance to those who experience discrimination, bullying or harassment.
LGBT History Month - February 2017
The theme for LGBT History Month 2017 is Law, Citizenship and PSHE. The University of York is pleased to be offering a range of events
during February 2017. Full list of events.
The LGBT History Month city-wide programme lists all events taking place in York throughout February.
Equality and Diversity Annual Report:
- Read the University of York Equality and Diversity Annual Report 2014-15 and find out about progress on equality work across the University.
Equality and Diversity Training:
- Find out about the range of training and development opportunities for staff run by the University's Learning and Development team.
- Updated by the Equality and Diversity Office
- January 2017
Back to the Top