UCAS course code: L611
UCAS institution code: Y50
Criminology at York
- A degree that draws on expertise from across the social sciences at York
- Provides a global focus that expands interest in crime and criminology beyond the UK
- Builds on York’s tradition in the study of Crime and Deviance
- High staff to student ratio
- Specialising in small group teaching
- Opportunities to study abroad
- Contributing Departments are consistently ranked high in national university subject league tables
Studying with us
BA Criminology at York offers a stimulating and challenging introduction to the discipline and you will be taught by academics that are deeply committed to providing students with an outstanding learning experience. You will graduate from one of the best universities in the UK with a detailed understanding of the causes of crime and the way our criminal justice system operates.
BA Applied Social Science (Crime and Criminal Justice): focusing on the policy-practice relationship, the development of the criminal justice system and the welfare state, with shadowing placement opportunity.
BA Sociology with Criminology: sociological, social psychological and cultural analysis to better understand forms of crime and deviance and the global socio-economic contexts of crime.