York Railway Station is only 2 miles from the campus and is accessible by the Unibus the number 44 and First number 4 bus service that departs from University Road every 10 minutes. York has excellent nationwide rail links as it is a key interchange point and is also on the main London-Edinburgh route. Journeys from Leeds, Doncaster, Selby and Thirsk can all be comfortably managed in less than 30 minutes. To book tickets or view train times please visit http://www.nationalrail.co.uk, or view information on current departures from York Station.
In addition to standard bus and taxi services, additional schemes operate to connect your journey from a railway station to your destination. In York it is possible to;
- Unibus offer -If you show your valid train ticket for that day to the Unibus driver at the railway station stop you will get a discounted return bus ticket to the University of York £1.50 a saving of 50p!
- purchase a PLUSBUS ticket - this will allow you unlimited travel on any bus service at either end of your journey
interest free season ticket loan
For University of York staff interest free season ticket loan for annual rail passes - Visit the rewards extra web page click here
- Links To External Websites
- http://www.plusbus.info - Purchase tickets to combine your rail and bus travel onto one ticket at a reduced cost
- http://www.livedepartureboards.co.uk/- View infromation on current rail departures from York Station
- http://www.eastcoast.co.uk/ - Train operator for York Station
- http://www.nationalrail.co.uk - Book train tickets and view online timetables
- http://www.yorkshiretravel.net - Online journey planner for all public transport