Bus Times and Routes
Click here to download the new app! it has some really useful information ... when your next unibus will arrive... ticket information... information about Ub1 the University free shuttle
Unibus Easter Timetable Click here
New Ticket! 03/07/2012
All York Ticket. Any Bus. Any Operator. Anywhere in York. Now available!
You can now buy just one ticket from your driver and use it on any operator's bus in York. And you can buy it on board your usual bus.
AllYork Day ticket special introductory price £4.50 (normal price £5)
AllYork Family ticket only £10 - valid for 5 people (maximum 2 adults*)
Once you have bought your AllYork ticket, you can make as many journeys with as many different bus companies as you want for the rest of the day; just show your ticket to the driver when you board your next bus.
For full details visit the All York site.
Plus look out for a weekly All York ticket coming soon!
All York tickets are not valid on Race Day specials. *Children aged 10-16 will need to show ID, visit the All York site for details
Transdev (Unibus) York are pleased to announce that they have redesigned the service to deliver the following benefits:
· Monday to Friday - A 7/8 minute frequency between York Sport Village - Heslington East – University – Rail Station, between 0800 – 1800.
· Saturday – A 10 minute frequency from 1000, and a 7/8 minute frequency between 1000 – 1800.
· Sunday – An improved service, starting at 0830, and providing a 15 minute frequency between 1100 – 1900.
· Free Student and Staff Travel between York Sport Village – Heslington East – University Campus stops during all hours of operation.
· All services operated by a dedicated, easily recognisable fleet of buses, fully compliant with Disability Discrimination requirements.
· Easy Ticketing and SmartCard options.
Bus services to and from The University are run by a number of operators. For full details consult the York Journey Planner. Copies of timetables and service information are also available from the Market Square Information Centre or Travel Plan Co-ordinator
The most frequent service to the City Centre is the Unibus number 44 or FirstYork number 4.
From Leeds Central Bus Station via St Peters Street, Eastgate, York Street, Marsh Lane A64 New York Road, York Road, Cross Gates Road, Station Rd, Ring Rd A6120, Selby Road, M1 to A64 Bramham Crossroads, A64, Leeds Road (Tadcaster), Garnet Lane, Woodlands Ave, Stutton Road, Lady Pitts, High Street, Bridge Street, Commercial Street, Tadcaster Bus Station, Commercial Street, A659 York Road, A64, Copmanthorpe slip road via Manor Heath, Hallcroft Lane, Top Lane, A1036, Tadcaster Road (York), Mount Vale, The Mount, Blossom Street, Queen Street, York Rail Station, Station Avenue, , Geo Hudson Street, Micklegate, Low Ousegate, Nessgate, Coppergate, Piccadilly, Merchantgate, Walmgate, Lawrence St, Hull Rd, Green Dykes Lane, University Rd to Heslington Hall
Return from Heslington Hall via outward route reversed to Lawrence Street, James St, Morrisons, Foss Islands Road, Peasholme Green, StoneBow, Coppergate, Nessgate, Low Ousgate, Micklegate, Goe Hudson St, Rougier Street (York), then Station Road, York Rail Station, then outward route reversed to M1, then prior to junction 46 then via unnamed Road to Thorpe Park Industrial area, Century way, Selby Road then as outbound reversed to Leeds Central Bus Station.
For futher information please contact email@example.com our University Liaison Officer.
To buy Unibus tickets on line click here
All staff tickets are avalible on line direct from the supplier!
Remember your Unibus Week, Month, Term and Annual will allow you to travel on the Number 20 to Monks Cross free!
Click here for the number 20 timetable (from 2/5/2012)
Number 44 is operated by Transdev, the University of York's preferred transport supplier for both students, staff and visitors. The Unibus service is specially designed to enable easy links between the two main campus sites, York City Centre and York Railway Station. Unibus will provide the free ‘Hopper’ service between Heslington East, Wentworth roundabout and Fairfax House.
Location of the bus stop at the Railway Station - Exit the railway station through the main entrance, and cross the zebra crossing from where the taxi rank and drop off areas are located. Cross the second zebra crossing to a small island where you can catch Transdev Unibus.
- If you show your valid train ticket for that day to the Unibus driver at the railway station stop you will get a discounted return bus ticket to the University of York £1.50 a saving of 50p!
For more details click here to visit the unibus website
FirstYork Number 4
First – Number 4
From October 2012 First number 4 will no longer be servicing Heslington East interchange. The new route will instead go round the Science Park then to Heslington Hall. This service will run every 7.5 minutes. First will keep the free campus hopper section from Heslington Hall to Wentworth Roundabout.
The FirstYork number 4 departs the University Heslington West for the Railway Station with a scheduled journey time of 18 minutes. The 4 service departs every 10 minutes from 7am until 7pm and every 15 minutes at other operating times. You are now able to check on the actual arrival and departure times of the FirstYork Number 4 bus in Real Time. First will provide a free ‘Hopper’ service between Heslington East and Wentworth roundabout.
Location of the bus stop at the Railway Station - Exit the railway station through the main entrance, and cross the zebra crossing from where the taxi rank and drop off areas are located. Cross the second zebra crossing to a small island where you can catch First York number 4.
EYMS run the following services to or near the University Campus. These include the 195, X46, X47, 744 and 746, providing a link to the University for Staff, students and visitors travelling from the Pocklington, Barmby Moor, Wilberfoss and Kexby Bridge areas.
The number 20 will provide a free ‘Hopper’ service between Main Street, Heslington Hall and Heslington East.
Students can benefit from a discounted Annual ticket or Term ticket click here for more information.
Links To External Websites
- http://www/admin/estates/transport/public_transport/bus - Bus operator for the number 44
- http://www.firstgroup.com - Bus operator for the number 4 service
- http://www.eyms.co.uk - Bus operator for the 744/746 service
- http://www.goftr.com - Information site for the 'ftr' concept
- http://www.plusbus.info - Purchase tickets to combine your rail and bus travel onto one ticket at a reduced cost
- http://www.nationalexpress.com - Book national coach travel
- Journey Planner website - information on all bus services in York.
- City of York Council website - helpful information for travelling around the City of York.