YARN Network Meeting: 3rd May 2017
We held a one day workshop across YARN on Wednesday May 3rd. This workshop showcased international research collaborations and informed on changes in funding opportunities (with input from the Research Office) and institutional agreements (with input from the International Office).
We sought input from all Network members on the planned development of the Network and future activities.
9:00 Coffee and pastries
9:30 Welcome and introduction - Karen Mumford
9:40 Session One
- Tara Alberts (History) leading Southeast Asia and Oceana
- Jane Hill "Socially and Environmentally Sustainable Oil palm Research (SEnSOR) (PDF , 3,277kb)"
- Claire Chambers (English) leading South Asia
- Sanjoy Bhatacharya "Universal Health Coverage in the making on Antimicrobial Resistance: A critical reassessment of the WHO's engagement with South Asia"
- Jon Howlett (History) leading East Asia
- Oleg Benesch (History) “Militarizing Castles and Society in Imperial Japan: 1868-1945”
- Harry Munt (History) leading Central and West Asia
- Martin Jones (Centre for Applied Human Rights) The frontier of the international refugee regime (PDF , 945kb)
12.00 New funding opportunities
- Sabrina Mimid (Global Engagement) Funding opportunities (PDF , 895kb)
- Helen Wells, Research Development Manager, Research and Enterprise
12.15 – 12.45 Our future plans
Where do we want to go next – our next funding application…
12:45. Networking lunch