Congratulations if you've received an offer from us! Your next step is to attend an online visit day.
An online visit day is your opportunity to get to know us better. Find out more about your department and course, and chat with academic staff and students.
When do they take place?
Our visit days take place between December and April. Arrangements vary by department. If you're required to attend an interview you may not need to attend a separate visit day. Interview days often include similar activities to help you get to know your department better.
How do I book?
Log into You@York to check the arrangements for your department and book a visit day.
What to expect
You'll receive details about how to access our online visit day after you've booked your place.
During the visit day you'll be able to:
- watch videos about student life, careers support, study abroad opportunities, student support and accommodation.
- chat with our academics and department staff and find out more about your course.
- discover your accommodation options and how the college system works.
- find out about your support network and what opportunities are available to you - from careers support to study abroad and learning a language. You can also find out about University of York Students’ Union (YUSU), Disability Services and our community of mature students.
- meet our Student Ambassadors and get answers to your burning questions, from socials and societies to welcome weekend and workload.
Yes! You’ll spend time with your department getting to know them better - they'll be online to chat with you about studying at York and answer any course-related questions you may have. You’ll also meet other offer holders who may become your future course mates!
Staff will also be online to answer any additional questions about accommodation, careers support, study abroad opportunities and disability support.
Now that you have an offer, it's likely you'll have different questions for staff and students than you did at an Open Day.
Absolutely! A range of accommodation will be available to view virtually on the day. The Accommodation team will also be on hand to answer any questions you have about room types and prices, and students can chat with you about college life and living in York.
Online campus tour
Get to know us better and explore the highlights of our inspiring campus and the historic city of York.
Want the student view?
Read our student blogs to find out what’s really like to study here and get insights into campus and city life.
Stuck between two options: York, and Oxford
Posted by Ethan
When I was applying for uni it took me a long time to make up my mind of where I wanted to go. It…
Choosing York over Cambridge
Posted by Cara
For a long time, Cambridge was my dream university. From a young age, I wanted to go there to study and so naturally, I…
Why I chose York (over Oxbridge)
Posted by Annissa
I first applied to university in 2017 and again in 2018 during my gap year. Both of these times I applied to the University…
My Year in Industry: First Steps – Getting a placement
Posted by Kimberley
Decisions, Decisions I knew I wanted to do a year in industry even before I had chosen to study at York. Hearing about the…