Come and visit us on campus for a taster of some of our taught Masters degrees.
Our next Masters taster events will be taking place on 1 March 2017 at the Berrick Saul Building.
The event will be taking place from 1pm to 4.30pm. There is also an optional campus tour from 11.30am to 1pm.
What happens on the day?
- 11.30am - 1pm: optional campus tour
Get a feel for campus - you'll get to explore the west and east sides of campus. Tours start at the Berrick Saul Building.
- 1pm - 1.45pm: registration and refreshments
Get settled in and meet some of our staff and current students. We'll be ready to welcome you in The Treehouse at the Berrick Saul Building.
- 1:45pm - 2.15 pm: Masters funding and finance talk
Find out about the new postgraduate loans scheme as well as other funding opportunities.
- 2:15pm - 2:45pm: choosing and making the most of your Masters
Our Careers team will give you some tips on choosing the right course. They'll also talk to you about how you can make the most of your time here to enhance your career prospects.
- 2:45pm - 3pm: go to your department
A current student will take you to your department of interest.
- 3pm - 4pm: taster lecture/seminar
Take a sample lecture/seminar to find out what it would be like to study your chosen subject at York. The session will give you an idea of what it will be like to study at Masters level, whether you've just completed an undergraduate degree or you've had a break from higher education. The following departments are taking part:
- Computer Science
- Economics and Related Studies
- English and Related Literature
- History of Art
- Language and Linguistic Science
- Modern Studies (Centre for) - MA Culture and Thought after 1945
- Physics (Fusion Energy)
- Social Policy and Social Work
- 4pm - 4.30pm: Q&A session
Staff and students will be happy to take your questions. For example, you may want to know more about the course and facilities, or how you'll fit study around other commitments.
Virtual Open Days
Alternatively, you can find out more about postgraduate study at York at our Virtual Open Days in February 2017.