The Guide to Assessment, Standards, Marking and Feedback is revised annually for the start of the new academic year. Certain revisions may need the approval of the Standing Committee on Assessment (SCA) and the University Teaching Committee. Departments will be notified of these changes via a memo from SCA.
Any revisions or in-year changes will be published here and Departments will be notified. We advise you to regularly check for online updates if you use a hard copy of the Guide.
Any matters you may wish to raise as you use the guide throughout the year should be sent to the Secretary to SCA at email@example.com.
MAB Progression and Award Contingencies UG (August 2023) (PDF , 159kb)
MAB Progression and Award Contingencies PGT (August 2023) (PDF , 129kb)
MAB PGT Awards - Process Flowchart (August 2023)) (PDF , 92kb)
MAB Progression and Award Contingencies for York Online Programmes (Updated Augu (PDF , 104kb)
Marking and Assessment Boycott: Progression and Award Contingencies (June 2023) (PDF , 143kb)
Conduct of Undergraduate Exam Boards - MAB June 19th 2023 (PDF , 54kb)
Contingency Framework for Assessment and Examinations March 31st, 2023 (PDF , 82kb)
- Guide to Assessment 2021_22 UoY (excluding ECA policy). (PDF , 5,795kb)
- York Maastricht Programmes Awards, Assessment & progression rules 21/22 (PDF , 97kb)
- Briefing Note: Guide to Assessment 2021/22 (PDF , 116kb)
- Exceptional Circumstances Policy 2021-22 UoY (excluding York Online) (PDF , 250kb)
- York Online Exceptional Circumstances Policy 2021/22 (PDF , 196kb)
Who to contact
- Secretary to Standing Committee on Assessment (SCA)
+44 (0)1904 321135