Our researchers are internationally-recognised for their expertise across a range of housing and environment issues.
We have interests in housing and social justice, housing and later life, the operation of housing markets and issues around social justice and the environment. Our skills range from analysis of large scale data sets to interviewing vulnerable people.
We often work in collaboration with a wide range of UK and European voluntary sector, public sector and charitable organisations.
Our Centre for Housing Policy is one of Europe's leading centres for interdisciplinary housing and social policy research.
- Access to housing
- Fuel poverty
- Housing markets
- Social housing management
- Urban and rural housing policy
- Housing and support for older people
- Support for homelessness, women with experience of domestic violence, young people at risk and recent migrants
- Integration of housing policies with wider welfare, social, economic and health policies
Push the boundaries of knowledge in our supportive and stimulating environment.Study with us
Search our research and browse publications in the York Research Database.Explore publications