Student composers are encouraged to enter the STR Composition Award (funded by ex-York composer Sean Rourke), details below.
- The annual prize will be for £300.
- Deadline for submissions is Saturday at the end of week 2 of Spring term.
- It will be adjudicated by Robert Hollingworth and one other member of staff.
- The chosen jury reserve the right to not award the prize if entries do not meet expected levels of accomplishment.
- The award can be jointly awarded if there is no outright winner.
- The winning composition to be performed by The 24 as part of their main concert series.
- The work should be for unaccompanied choir and not last for more than six minutes.
- The composer to provide a detailed programme note.