University staff and students: If the Library does not hold the resource you need for your research, you can ask us to obtain it for you. Due to the pandemic some items might take longer to arrive than usual.
- If you require a whole book or a thesis, please send us a request using the Purchase Request Form and we will try to purchase an ebook or a print copy for the Library.
- If you require a book chapter, you can request a copy through our Interlending and Document Supply Service: make a chapter request via this form. Need express delivery? If you add an ISBN number it will automate your request, and you'll usually get your item much faster. Search by Book Title here to find the ISBN.
- If you require an article, you can request journals articles or conference papers via this form.
- If your article or chapter is supplied from the British Library, please see Accessing British Library documents for details on creating and activating your account.
If you are doing a project and expect to place more than 15 article requests (eg for a systematic review), please contact us in advance via email@example.com as there may be a better method for submitting your requests.
|British Doctoral Theses||
Please search on EThOS (Electronic Theses Online Service) to see if the required title is already available in a digitised, electronic format for immediate free download; if it isn’t, please submit a request using our Purchase Request Form and we will attempt to source it.
If we have to request digitisation from the owning institution, please allow up to 30 days for the thesis to be supplied to EThOS and then scanned.
Most higher education institutions will not lend original or only copies of their doctoral theses, however, you may be able to visit the institution to consult the thesis in person.
|American Doctoral Theses||
Make your request using the Purchase Request Form as above. We may be able to order an electronic or paper copy for you to keep.
|British and American MA/MSc and all other foreign Theses||
Make your request for these using the Purchase Request Form as above. We will try to borrow a copy directly from the awarding institution or obtain an electronic copy for you. This may take some time and is not always successful.
1. Select the request form you require:
2. Complete the form with as much information as you have.
3. Submit the request.
Please note, there is no longer a charge for this service.
During lockdown we are unable to borrow material from other libraries, but we may still be able to obtain a chapter or article for you.
1. Please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. There is a limit of 15 requests per year of membership
3. Please note, there is a charge for the following services:
4. You may also be able to register for a personal account with the British Library and request copies directly from them. Please see the following information on the British Library website.
Interlending items you have requested are listed in your Library Account.
Interpreting the status of your request:
|Created borrowing request||New request that is waiting to be processed by the Library|
|Request sent to partner||A possible lending library has been found and we are waiting for a response|
|Physically received by the library||Item has arrived and is awaiting collection from the Library holdshelf|
If the status of the request is ‘Created borrowing request’ you can cancel it yourself using the ‘Cancel’ option next to it under ‘Actions’.
If the status is anything other, please contact the Library to request a cancellation.
Interlending items you have on loan are listed in your Library Account.
If you want to renew an interlending item, please only do so two to three days before the return date.
To renew an item that you have on loan:
To renew an item that is for use in the library only:
Most items can be renewed if they are not needed by someone else.
Interlending items you have on loan are listed in your Library Account, along with the due date.
Please return loans to the Morrell Library or the King's Manor Library by the due date.
If you keep an item that has been recalled, or if you lose it, the British Library (which supplies many of the items) may charge you £179.20 to cover administration and the cost of a replacement. This charge is non-refundable. Other libraries will have their own charges.
Visit the British Library at Boston Spa
The Library operates a free weekly minibus service.
Find out more:
We are happy to supply material to other libraries. Please get in touch by email: email@example.com
Please note, we do not lend:
Help with Interlending
For help or information:
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: +44 (0)1904 323876